Wednesday 23 January 2013

Chapter One - Part Two - Tango In The Dark

Oh, I can just see it now, ‘come see bloody marry only fifty pounds’
God that’s a horrid thought, I don’t think I will bring that one up to the girls at work, not even as a joke.

I don’t usually think about random crap this often; it can’t be good for me.
Usually I only think about having a good fuck, which was rare now days and getting to work on time.

Crap! Apparently I cant even do that!

I looked over to the old grandfather clock that stood in the far corner of my messy studio apartment.
Quarter past twelve.
I was supposed to be at work a good hour ago!

That’s what I bloody get for thinking!
I grumbled to myself as I swiped my Prada Bag from the table.

Hope everything is in there.

Fuck it!
Cursing at no one in particular, I slammed the door to my apartment, fluffing my hair with nothing other than the friction of my fingers then spraying it with so much hair spray that it could have held my tits in place.
All this was attempted as I made my way to the elevator.

What is that noise?

I looked down.
Oh floor boards? There use to be carpet here.

Dakota, stop looking at the floor your already late get a move on!

Damn it!
I pulled my eyes away from the shiny floors; my paced walk now was turning into a slow jog.
My heels clicked louder and louder as my feet moved faster,

I would hate to sleeping while some bitch with heals ran through the wooden floored hallway. God that clunking is really loud.

I came to a halt at the elevator; in fact I nearly slammed face first into the door.

Fucking floors! What the hell?
I began to press the button repeatedly. I wasn’t the most patient of people and I hated how long elevators took to get where they needed to go.
Come to think of it I hated elevators altogether, usually I would take the stairwell, there was never any awkward hello’s or silences in the stairwell, and besides the thought of being in a box, going down, just freaked me out.

Well Dakota at lest you know your not a lesbian

After pressing the button about fifty times I noticed a small cardboard sign about a meter or so away from my black Versace shoes. Yes I’m a lady of leisure.

Don’t you dare say what I think you’re going to say!

I took a step towards the square of cardboard; slowly I bent down grabbing the corner of the sign and turned it over.

OUT OF ORDER
PLEASE USE THE STAIRS
SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENENCE

Oh fuck me! Really! I mean really?

Turning my head to look in both directions of the hallway, just to make sure no one had herd my little outburst of frustration, I returned to my feet and began to run towards the stairwell door.

No comments:

Post a Comment